Manchester United are ‘willing to listen to offers’ for Anthony Martial in the January transfer window. But journalist Ben Jacobs has told GIVEMESPORT that he cannot guarantee whether the Frenchman will receive widespread interest after when giving up the idea of staying at Old Trafford or not.
Although the Red Devils’ late win over Fulham overcame some of the worst start to the Premier League since 1972, the striker has struggled to secure regular playing time. since the beginning of the season.
That’s because Manchester United manager Erik Ten Hag completed the £72m acquisition of Rasmus Hojlund from Serie A side Atalanta during the summer. This pushed Martial closer to the exit from Old Trafford.
According to ESPN, Manchester United is in no hurry to negotiate new terms or exercise the option to extend Martial’s contract for another 12 months. This has led to Ten Hag looking for his striker to prove that he is worthy of a new deal.
The report suggested the Red Devils were ready to sell the 27-year-old last summer, with his £250,000-a-week contract expiring at the end of the season. But Martial turned down the opportunity to participate in negotiations over a move to Saudi Arabia.
Martial’s representatives have denied claims that Manchester United have offered to sell him to Turkish giants Fenerbahce ahead of this year’s September deadline. However, Martial’s efforts to stay did not pay off because he did not play regularly and only scored one goal this season.
West Ham United are one of the clubs who have been monitoring the striker’s situation in recent months. They have been told that the France international will be allowed to leave Old Trafford if a suitable offer is made early next year.
Although Martial became the world’s most expensive teenager when he joined Manchester United in an initial £36million deal from Monaco eight years ago, club legend Gary Neville insists there is “no way” He can start in any tournament.” Martial was unable to prevent his parent team from being eliminated from the Carabao Cup at the hands of Newcastle United last week.
Transfer expert Dean Jones recently told GIVEMESPORT that the former Sevilla loanee has worked wonders by continuing to play for the Red Devils despite failing to consistently perform at a high level for many years.
And journalist Ben Jacobs said that Manchester United is ready to sell Martial in January after he failed to reach the peak performance that this player showed in the 2019/20 season.
Jacobs told GIVEMESPORT:
“He has been at this club since 2015, but we have seen a clear decline. Especially since the outstanding season he had in 2019/2020, where he scored over 20 goals in all competitions and 17 in the Premier League. .
“In the four seasons since then, including this one, I don’t think he has even scored 17 Premier League goals. I think Martial and Manchester United need a complete separation. Perhaps it would be better if both Martial and Manchester United went their separate ways.
“One thing is certain – Manchester United will be ready to listen to offers now for Anthony Martial. He had the opportunity to go to the Saudi Pro League last summer, but he turned that opportunity down and there weren’t too many other suitors.”
Dang Nguyen | 06:00 November 7, 2023