With the advantage of winning 5-2 at Anfield in the first leg, Real did not have too many difficulties to overcome Liverpool with a minimum score of 1-0 in the rematch, thereby winning a worthy ticket to the Champions League quarter-finals. League.
Usually after every home win, the Bernabéu Stadium will play the traditional song “Hala Madrid”. However, in this match, the first song that was played, surprisingly, was “You’ll Never Walk Alone”.
This is considered an act of gratitude to Liverpool and 1,800 visitors’ fans who were present at the Bernabeu. Remember in the first leg, the Anfield stands simultaneously stood up and applauded the excellent performance of Benzema and Modric. Therefore, it is more likely that this is the response of Los Blancos.
Here are the netizens’ commendable comments for the Champions League champions:
– Bernabeu plays “You’ll Never Walk Alone” for Liverpool fans. Very classy indeed. I love my team so much.
– They are not only class on the field but also in behavior. Real Madrid really never has to go alone without being world-class.
– I don’t know how many teams can behave as delicately as Real Madrid, they turned on “You’ll Never Walk Alone” right at the Bernabeu and warmed the hearts of the visitors’ fans.
However, not all Liverpool fans look in a positive direction. In the last 6 seasons in the Champions League, in addition to 1 championship, The Reds have all lost to representatives from Madrid, of which Real are 5 times and have 2 times in the final.
– We were defeated by Real again and now they turn on “You’ll Never Walk Alone”? I don’t think what could be worse?
– How can one think it’s respectful behavior for our opponent to play our traditional song? Rather than gloating, I feel more respected.
– Liverpool people can comfort each other, but do not need Real’s pity.
The Bernabéu plays “You’ll Never Walk Alone”