1. David de Gea or Dean HendersonMan United are likely to extend David de Gea’s contract. However, they will also have to recruit a more comprehensive goalkeeper, and that signals the end of Dean Henderson after 12 years at Man United.
2. Diogo Dalot or Aaron Wan-BissakaErik ten Hag is desperate to recruit right-back Jeremie Frimpong, so they have to sell Wan-Bissaka or Diogo Dalot to make room for Bayer Leverkusen defender. The Dutch strategist will have a headache to consider because these two names are still very useful, with different strengths and weaknesses.
3. Harry MaguireMaguire had a good first season at Old Trafford, a pretty good second, a nightmare third and a worse fourth. It’s time for the England star to leave to be a regular starter instead of a constant substitute.
4. Eric Bailly
Man United made the mistake of activating the extension clause in Bailly’s contract. The talent of the Ivory Coast midfielder is undisputed, but constant injuries make him unable to contribute much to the Old Trafford team.
5. Brandon Williams
Williams has made 50 appearances for Man United, which is not a bad number. However, he gradually fell into oblivion due to injury. A move to a mid-tier Premier League club is the best course of action for the versatile defender in the summer of 2023.
6. Alex TellesTelles is playing for Sevilla on loan, but the Spanish club does not have a mandatory clause to buy the Brazilian star. Telles is out of contract at Old Trafford next year and should be sold, as was the case with compatriot Andreas Pereira.
7. Donny van de Beek
Since leaving Ajax, Van de Beek has spent his days to be forgotten. The Dutch midfielder’s knee injury and poor form made Man United not have to be patient with him forever. The problem is that it is very difficult for them to find a suitable landing for De Beek.
8. Scott McTominay or FredTen Hag desperately needs a world-class playmaker. Accordingly, McTominay or Fred – two midfielders once used by Ole Gunnar Solskjær – will have to leave so that Man United can have money to reinvest.
9. Anthony Martial
Man United could end this season with the lowest number of goals since 2004-05. Martial is the main striker of the Red Devils, but for many reasons, the Old Trafford team cannot rely on the 27-year-old player and can sell him while the price is still available.
10. Anthony Elanga
Elanga has not scored for Man United since February 22, 2022. His appearances under Ten Hag have been meager and the Sweden international needs to leave to revive his career.
Minh Tuan | 22:10 May 15, 2023