Currently, Bayern is in danger of finishing second in the Bundesliga 2022/23. At this time, Thomas Tuchel’s army is second with 68 points, 2 points behind the leader of the group Dortmund. If Dortmund wins the final round – round 34, which takes place this weekend – Bayern will become the former king, and at the same time end the 10-year dominance.
The last season that Bayern could not win the Bundesliga was the 2011/12 season. It was the season that Jurgen Klopp’s Dortmund was crowned with 81 points, 8 points more than the Gray Lobster. Time flies, we will probably be surprised when looking at what the football world went through more than 10 years ago.
Last time Bayern didn’t win the Bundesliga:
– Kaiserslautern was bottom of the Bundesliga table, relegated and has not returned since.
– Three Spanish clubs participate in the Europa League semi-finals. The “king” of this tournament, Sevilla, is not among them. Atletico, coached by coach Diego Simeone since December, won the title after beating Bilbao in the final.
– Man City became the English football champion for the first time since 1968 thanks to the “golden goal” of Sergio Aguero. Liverpool finished in 7th place under Kenny Dalglish, while Arsenal’s star striker – Robin van Persie – left Emirates to join MU in the summer of the same year.
– Coach Pep Guardiola said goodbye to Barca after 4 seasons, and decided to take a year off.
– The small team APEOL Nicosia reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, but was defeated by Real Madrid with a total score of 2-8.
– Montpellier’s top scorer Olivier Giroud moved to Arsenal in the summer of 2012. At the same time, midfielder Luka Modric left Tottenham to join Real Madrid for 30 million euros. The rest is history.
Stuttgart promoted 19-year-old midfielder Antonio Ruediger from the youth team to the first team. Meanwhile, Dortmund welcomed Marco Reus – a former student of the club – back for 17 million euros.
– In La Liga, Real Madrid became the champion with 100 points, despite Lionel Messi scoring 50 goals for Barca. Cristiano Ronaldo only scored 46 goals, but that’s enough.
– Champions League champions Chelsea started shopping heavily in the summer of 2012, adding the Hazard brothers Eden and Thorgan to the squad. Besides. The Blues also recruited Marko Marin from Werder Bremen.
The odds of Dortmund winning the championship are overwhelming
According to Oddchecker’s source, the odds for Dortmund to win the Bundesliga this season are 1/7 (put 7 to 1), while Bayern’s is only 11/2. The right to self-determination is no longer in the hands of the Gray Lobster, and now they can only pray that Dortmund will stumble before Mainz in the final round, while defeating Cologne themselves.