Juventus CEO Maurizio Arrivabene ended months of speculation when he said the club had made no offer for Dybala’s agent during a meeting held on March 20 in Turin.
Dybala will leave Juventus this summer
Dybala had been waiting for negotiations on an extension after a deal, which included a salary increase of 8 million euros per season, but Juventus did not respond.
“With the arrival of striker Dusan Vlahovic in January, the club’s strategy has changed. Juventus’ project has changed and part of this change includes Dybala’s contract not being renewed. Juventus can offer a low price to sell before but it will not be respectful to Paulo,” Mr Arrivabene told reporters.
Dybala (right) was not in top form due to constant injuries
With the move, Italian media suggested that Dybala could move to Juventus’ Serie A competitor Inter Milan, and Atletico Madrid is also said to be very interested. This Argentine striker was also previously tracked by Tottenham and MU to recruit this summer.
The 28-year-old star has been injured for the past two seasons and Mr Arrivabene believes his absence played a part in the club’s decision not to renew. “Paulo is no longer at the heart of the Juventus project, that’s why we made this decision. No one disputes his talent but there are considerations in terms of appearances and deadlines. his contract,” the Juventus executive explained.
The brilliance of striker Dusan Vlahovic made Dybala leave Juventus
Dybala signed for Juventus from Palermo in 2015 and has since won five Serie A titles and four Italian Cups. He also participated in the “Lao Madam” squad that reached the 2017 Champions League final, losing to Real Madrid.