After two disastrous defeats in their opening two Premier League games, Erik ten Hag has done well to get United back on track. A trophy, a top-four finish and a place in the FA Cup final, admittedly the Red Devils have come a long way since that horrible day at Gtech Community Stadium.
There have been some forgettable moments in Man United’s journey to the top four, especially the humiliating 0-7 defeat to great rival Liverpool in Merseyside, but overall, Ten Hag helped the team at the Old Stadium. Trafford has made significant progress. If they can complete the squad in the summer transfer window of 2023, they promise to become a formidable team that can compete fairly for the Premier League title with Man City, Arsenal as well as go far in the Champions League. .
Let’s take a look at the interesting statistics in an active season of coach Erik ten Hag’s teachers and students.
– Marcus Rashford is the first Man United player to score 30 goals in a season in all competitions since Robin van Persie did so in the 2012-2013 season (30).
– Erik ten Hag became the fifth Man United manager to finish in the top four of the league in his first season in charge, after John Bentley (1912-13), Matt Busby (1946-47), Ron Atkinson ( 1981-82)) and Louis van Gaal (2014-15).
– Man United reached both the League Cup and FA Cup finals in the same season for the third time in history, after two seasons 1982-83 and 1993-94.
– Man United became the second team to ever face four different teams from the same country in one season in a major European tournament (Real Sociedad, Barca, Betis, Sevilla), after Leeds United in Champions League 2000-01 (Barca, Real Madrid, Deportivo, Valencia).
Casemiro became the first player to receive two red cards in a Premier League season for Man United since Nemanja Vidic in 2013-14.
Alejandro Garnacho (18 years 197 days) became the youngest player to assist in a Manchester derby in the Premier League.
– Man United have now won 22 Premier League games this season and 40 in all competitions, the most in a single season since 2010-11 (39).
– Man United have also lost eight Premier League away games this season – the most in the club’s history in the league (equal to the 2021-22 and 2015-16 seasons).
– Marcus Rashford has scored 10 decisive goals in the Premier League this season, the most of any other Man United player since Wayne Rooney in 2009-10 (also 10).
– Man United are at the bottom of the Premier League table after the opening two matches of this season. It was their first time in that position since the 1992–93 Premier League season and their worst start to the season in 101 years.
– Man United have conceded only 9 times at Old Trafford in the Premier League in the whole season.
Minh Tuan | 08:16 27/05/2023